We are Britain’s largest designer and supplier of energy-efficient, bespoke Swedish timber frame homes in the UK and over the next couple of years, we will be continuing to expand.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate, determined and enthusiastic to help our customers realise their dream of building their own home. We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
The primary role is to lead, manage and motivate the technical team and to spearhead developments in our technical capabilities.
* To be responsible for the accurate preparation of detailed construction drawings
* To ensure that all technical drawings and information is of the highest quality, accuracy and meets agreed deadlines.
* To manage and inspire the technical team by setting a strong positive example
* To train, develop and nurture the individual technicians to enhance the quality of service provided to our clients and Project Managers
* To manage all outsourced technicians as required to ensure all works are to Scandia-Hus expectations
* To take the lead in driving a culture of continuous improvement within the design team. To investigate and introduce new technology and systems to keep Scandia-Hus at the forefront of the timber frame market.
* Manage multiple projects at any one time that could be at varying stages of the build
* Produce new house designs, prepare and submit client Planning Applications
* Understanding of the Building Control process and prepare and submit client Building Regulation Applications
* Review and analyse materials and specifications and formulate a strategy to progress and evolve the Scandia-Hus product
* Experience in Structural Engineering or have an Architectural background
* Ideally professionally qualified RIBA/CIOB or Degree in Construction Management or Architecture
* Excellent management and leadership skills
* A dynamic self-starter
* Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
* Good understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures
* Flexible and able to adapt to change
For the role of Technical Manager, there is a salary in the region of £50,000.
As an Estimator / Buyer, your duties will include:
* Preparing bill of quantities, cost budgets and estimates for new build house projects
* Maintaining good supplier relationships and explore new supplier options
* Working with Project Managers and the design team to help with the development and innovation on projects
* Focusing on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising the potential risk to the company
* Ensuring all specifications and details are correct
* Negotiating and buying materials for new build house projects
* Ensuring orders are made to agreed deadlines to avoid disruption to workflow
* Follow orders through to complete deliveries, reconciling shortages quickly and efficiently.
To be successful in the role of Estimator / Buyer, you should possess the following:
* Relevant experience in a similar role
* Experience in controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
* Strong organisation and administration experience
* Good analytical skills
* High attention to detail
* Experience in the construction industry
* Strong negotiating skills
* Fully conversant with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word essential)
* Ideally experienced using design programmes such as AutoCAD with the ability to review technical and construction drawings.
* Able to manage workload proficiently and independently
For the role of Estimator / Buyer, there is a salary on offer of circa £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
To apply, please email Helen Bedford on email@example.com